MesozPlzMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MesozPlzMS

Hello! Welcome to the MesozPlzMS Forum. Enjoy your stay.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...

Go down 
+7
Broken
sparks
Dom
keena
Nick
Lone
Mektju
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Empty
PostSubject: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm

((Like before, there's no real reason to take this application seriously. Though, if you're really considering and happen to be short on people, I'll be here. :]))

GM application Format-
Name: RE:Becca (Just call me anything but Rebecca. >> Not very fond of such a regal name.)

Age: 18... Blegh, the sweet cusps of youth fled me. Very Happy I'm just an old wrinkly person still playing MS. Whoopie. (Halfway to 40! Midlife crisis, here I come!)

Location: Still in California but in due time, I'll find my way under your bed. (Not in, under. Instigating dust bunnies is what I do. *Could you imagine an 18 year old girl hiding under your bed?... I can't.*)

Timezone: Timezone... Well I believe it's Mountain time. A good way to remember is I'm 3 hours behind you East Coasters.

Hobbies: Sleeping, eating, buttfucking little boys, drawing, breathing, walking, and anything other nounish things you can slap an -ing on.

Email address or any other way of contacting you: Mektju@hotmail.com Easy. Very Happy But, but, but! If it's possible we should at least Vent, or TS, or... Skype? Team building FTW!

Have you had previous experience as a GM?: Nope, I almost did but two good friends squeezed past me in Andrew's slim pick'n. I have no regrets, they did a good job.

What could you do to help our server?: At this point, what can't I do to help the server out? Just tell me something to do and I'll do my best to do it.

How long are you able to play every day?: I think... You can probably deduce the amount of freetime I have by writing this GM application. *Yeah... About that...*

You drop a Wizet Hat and someone else picks it up. What do you do?: Dropkick them. (That actually depends on the situation. If we're talking through the scenario of being a GM and dropping a Wizet hat, that's impossible because I'm not fond of the GM hats. *On any persons.* If we're talking about me just being a regular player, now that's just silly.

Long story short, it ain't going to happen so the scenario itself is as good as void. Bwahahaha, take that fashion sense!

Someone asks you to start an event. What do you do?: Remember the time when Lian started doing events all on his own? So fun but so sad... But, I might as well hop the bandwagon when it comes to events. It's more fun with more people so it's no sense hogging up all the event glory. (Fellow players and GMs alike.)

Have you played gMS? If so, what level were you and for how long?: Ugh, I didn't like the concept of leveling back in KMS or GMS... Grinding is something I can do but every day is just a royal pain in the fanny. So the maximum level I got to is 7x. But really, why level when you can just hang out with Maplestory's most F*cked up people? There's no need to stress, the fun's right there. :3

Do you have any experience in video-making, graphics editing, C++, or Javascript?: Hmm, I do like working with photoshop, it's a fun snippet to use and I can get Flash but I promise you, I'm not very 'good' at it... And C++ I tried once when toying with it... *Didn't go well.* And JavaScript seems a little haphazard. *Maybe because I can't script to save my life.*

What would you rate this server on a scale of 1-10 (one being worst). Explain why you rated it this way.: Gotta say 5. I love the fact that there's some familiar faces in this spank'n new server but, there's an immense room for improvement. Such as actual MS downtime *Can't get online... Boo, boo.* and basic systematics in the game. (I kind've want NPC's to say MesozPlzMS rather then another generic name dangling on the immense list of Private Servers. We're there, we've just gotta keep working.

Someone asks you to spawn them a Papulatus Second Form. What is your response?: Summon the one that can't be killed. xD "Eat that!" Or! Dropkick them. Very Happy (Just tell them, "Go to Paps and form a party, way more rewarding then killing all by your lonesome.)

Someone smegas that they were jailed unjustly. What do you do?: "If you've been jailed, you've been jailed. Big deal. In your current position, complaining about it will only make the situation worse." Or once again, dropkick them. ;]

Someone asks that you ban someone else for [insert reason here]. What do you do?: That's very vague. Unless the reason is about unjust playing then there's no need to ban someone else. If it's about stealing then, bwahahaha! Keep all hands, legs and belongings with you at all times, or else someone'll bound to steal them. (Especially when they're being a total asshat. They're just being an asshat, GG. Moving on.)

You see someone speed hacking. What do you do?: I'd LOL then a swift swing of the Banhammer. (Or report. Or... Just keep Loling?)

What level are you in our server?: I don't know... I haven't been keeping track on leveling. Just jump around and smack things to see a shiny blue light with bold green letters. Whoop-dee-doo. (IT'S over 9000? :])

Do you ever plan to donate?:
Current occupation: Hobo. (Not anytime soon but we shall see!)

Three words that you would choose to describe yourself: I. Love. Sleep. Very Happy

Any more information that you want us to know: Uhh... The sky is blue, Nasopharyngitis is the common cold, red is actually a cool color, food is delicious, color is refracted light, a tree does make sound and I have ten fingers. *Brain dump!*
Back to top Go down
Lone
Admin
Admin
Lone

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:43 pm

I lol'ed

!dropkick

And the GM Hat question is hypothetical, Ms. Overthinker.

Anddd...the server may not be "working" because you have the wrong client...
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Naw, I was on a few days ago but now I can't get on. Is there something you kids are keeping from me? ;O ((It was the Client Lian sent me but if there's a new client let me know.))

And what's wrong with Overthinking, Mister Lone? Why not go the whole nine yards when answering a question?

Bwufufufufuuu~
Back to top Go down
Lone
Admin
Admin
Lone

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Yep.

Well, first of all, the server's v62

Second of all, I'm updating the client link
Back to top Go down
Nick
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:32 pm

BECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCA
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks Lone. Now off to get V.62... >_>

And hello?
Back to top Go down
Lone
Admin
Admin
Lone

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Mhmm

And teteexxfile is Nick.
Back to top Go down
keena
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
keena

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Agh, Becca I didn't know you were 18 D:!
I can't hit on you T^T
You might be called a pedo! D:!!

2 more years until I turn 18 ]:
I feel old already xD

GL BECCA Very Happy!<3
Back to top Go down
Dom
Admin
Admin
Dom

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:52 pm

ILU BECCA.
pick this mofo.
sexyassbitch.
fuckfuckfuck bad words.
x3
and becca, we need matching outfits.
x3
Back to top Go down
https://mesozplzms.forumotion.net
sparks
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:00 am

GL <3
Back to top Go down
Broken
1st Job
1st Job

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:26 am

Eh goodluck becca....Razz lol
Back to top Go down
April<3
4th Job
4th Job
April<3

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:06 pm

GL hun, <33

-April Marie Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nick
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:12 pm

A tree doesn't make a sound because sound is frequency waves interpreted by ears, and since no one is there to hear it, it doesn't make a sound.
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Who are you to interpret who is there to hear it just because you're not? It's a concept of selfish thought. Like, just because I don't hear it, no one else does.

Also, animals don't count in your agenda I guess? People are tone deaf to the sounds of birds shrieking as their house is toppled over and the frantic scampering of little creatures that see the tree crush their fellow forest mates. Not to mention, you can also feel a tree falling over by the reverberations on the ground as the roots are ripped from their place so, underground critters count too.

Sounds are heard, fret not unless they're inaudible to begin with.

Back to top Go down
Dom
Admin
Admin
Dom

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:29 pm

YOU GOOOO GIRLLLLLL
xD
Back to top Go down
https://mesozplzms.forumotion.net
Nick
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm referring to the common question "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" People say yes because it still emits frequency waves, but sound isn't sound until interpreted by the ears, and this is a scientific fact not a crack at society, Becca.
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Lool, then the question would be would sound that is unheard still be sound? (Like a sound is emitted but no one's there doesn't mean that the fact that the sound created was voided in its entirety. Sorry, the human race isn't as ignorant as you think.) You can compare that with anything that doesn't exist to us wouldn't exist to us at all. That doesn't me that it doesn't exist especially if you think of various anomalies rather then considering it in a contrasting YES or NO.

Scientifically speaking or not. Since science can only cover so much of what is truth and what is considered to be fiction. ((Lool, we don't even know if the validity of gravity that pulls the tree down in the first place is true. So much we don't know, yet so much we 've interpreted.))
Back to top Go down
Nick
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Becca.. until sound reaches the brain, it is a travelling wave which is an oscillation of pressure transmitted through a solid, liquid, or gas, composed of frequencies within the range of hearing and of a level sufficiently strong to be heard.

Our science has determined that and given it that name. You may be referring to the general idea of sound, but the word we created has an exact definition, and this is a 100% fact.
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:05 pm

That's the thing, our isn't everyone in the World. Also, there is no one definition in the world for any given word. You can bring up that scientific bullshit but you're only covering half of what could possibly be. All the variables you look past and only have determined, "THIS IS THIS and THAT IS THAT."

Science is nice and all but if you're truly going to argue then you should stop repeating the obvious and solidify the argument.

Also, I was never told to adhere to one ideology, one single logic, and one single philosophy. The World is meant for interpretation beyond the vast conception of 'what' truly is.

100% my butt.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 pm

In physics

Three ingredients are necessary to produce a sound.
1. A source
2. A method of transmitting the sound waves
3. A receiver to pick up the sound waves

If any one of those three are missing, no sound can be produced.

The tree crashing to the ground is the source. The air acts as the transmitter for the sound waves. But that's it. One ingredient - the receiver - is missing.

By THAT definition it is 100% fact.

Now, if you're relating to sound being emitted what so ever then this fundamental philosophical question is really questioning existance. Does a sound exist because it is made or because it is recognized? Do we exist if no one is there to agree?

I believe that we exist simply because we do, and we do not need agreement as proof. Therefore, the sound exists without anyone to hear it

Conversely, if you believe that existence is conceptual and needs concordance in order to be verified, then the tree does not make a sound, or fall or exist...for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:25 pm

That's the third time you said something that I already know. Fool, if one method isn't working, drilling it into someone's head isn't going to convince them. The only thing you're proving in the first bit is that you haven't read what I wrote before.

"Does a sound exist because it is made or because it is recognized? (Can't really correlate to.) Do we exist if no one is there to agree?"

Since existence can be defined in the form of disagreement.

Then also another question, suppose there's a deaf person, if a tree falls then it's not sound? But he knows there's sound because he could see it or feel it or even smell it. Does that mean sound does not exist because he cannot pick up the sound waves? If you said waves in general then yes, that would be a valid argument to an extent but only limiting to sound waves makes your argument attackable. (The objective is not to get attacked, cover your butt when you write.)

"I believe that we exist simply because we do, and we do not need agreement as proof. Therefore, the sound exists without anyone to hear it."

Thank you for agreeing with me and disproving what you have just written above.

~You'll be amazed how many philosophers conceive the fact of 'Existence,' many even decree that we don't exist at all, or anything else for that matter. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. All you need to know is, if it exist, it may exist. If it does not, it could be. (Now, this is also attackable since not all things exist even if it may wish to exist but then again, how would we know? It's another black hole we can't define, it's another logic we cannot interpret as long as the answers are blurred.) Either way, there is no such thing as an 'answer' because there are millions of ways to interpret the 'answer.' It's just like math. A parabola could hit any point for an infinite amount of time. Those are all right answers. Now, try to pick one?
Back to top Go down
Nick
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 pm

I understand what you are getting at Becca.
But once again by the definition that we have given sound
Not that the definition is correct
But by the scientific definition of sound, the deaf person would not make the wave be defined as sound because they lack the ability to interpret the frequency.

When I say no one I mean there is no receiver what so ever. That traveling wave is created and exists, and some who disagree with science may even believe that to be sound because it will eventually be sound, or they think the trees can hear or some shit.

But it doesn't seem that you understand that I understand.
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:51 pm

I know what you mean by no receiver.

Tree's can feel pain too, they bleed too. They may not hear but they can certainly feel. It isn't really relative to the concept of 'sound.'

"The deaf person would not make the wave be defined as sound because they lack the ability to interpret the frequency."
Yes then sound would be null to them, doesn't mean that it doesn't 'exist'. To the concept of what science believes it only adds insult to injury for the deaf. Yes, of course they can't hear but yes, sound is there.
The impact of the wood on the Earth would make a sound whenever there is someone to receive it, would it not? That is cause and effect. Now the equation for hearing it for another person is different.

If the questioned was posed, "If the a tree fell in a forest, would you hear it if you weren't there?" Of course the answer is no. No one is too ambiguous.

But really, let's venture back to the ideology of 'No one." Is it possible that there can be 'no one' at a given time? That's the main part that confuses me. Yeah sure the possibility is there but to some degree it's heard if there is something to effect the tree? If something is causing it to fall, there would most likely be someone to hear it. (Be it an animal or not.) Unless the tree falls on it's own?
If that's the case then yes, the fact that the whole concept is illogical for we can't decipher the lack of everyone unless everyone can be confirmed nonexistent.

((I'm trying to, if you let me. That is.))
Back to top Go down
Nick
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Well the whole philosophy of the question was to say that if no one hears the sound does it exist, and in this case I agree with you, but because scientists gave sound that definition, they made the question have an answer, but the idea of it is the true nature of existence
Back to top Go down
Mektju
3rd Job
3rd Job
Mektju

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Yes, scientist defined it, they made that definition possible. Doesn't mean I'm going to answer in the same manner as they have, nor is anyone else. Sure I get another opinion and in a that way it does make sense but there's no reason to have one single meaning at all. That'll just cause a lot of simpletons to convert and fight each other more often about their logic as well as refuse to acknowledge it.

"I won't agree to what you may have said but I'll fight to the death to protect it."

And yes, the idea is the ideology of existence in it's true nature. But I think the scientists defined that too... (Be it a theory or not.) Hmm, now what to do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...   Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! What be this? A GM application? AGAIN? Ewwww...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next